Cased Victorian Stomach Pump. This superb example from S Maw & Thompson comes complete and is in a handsome bespoke mahogany case. The set includes a large syringe, Ivory nozzles, connective hoses and other implements. The case is lined with velvet and has a clean cartouche to the top. An historical label is still attached marked ‘Professor Argus’. The stomach pump was invented by physician Alexander Munro in 1767.The piece is in good condition with only age related signs of wear. Victorian, Brass, British.
Height – 4cm
Width – 14cm
Depth – 27cm
Newark Antiques & Interiors, Kelham Rd, Newark NG24 1BX
Opening hours: Mon – Fri 8.30 – 17.00 Sat 10.00 – 16.00